Traffic Citations

How to Handle Your Traffic Citation (Infraction):

Citations can be handled in the following ways:

  1. By mail, following the instructions on the reverse side of the citation, by your court date printed on the front.
  2. At the town hall located at, 405 North Highway 414, Mountain View, WY 82939, prior to your court date.
  3. By appearing in Court at the time written on the face of your citation.
  4. Pay Online using Xpress Bill Pay


At arraignment, the Judge will tell you the charges, maximum fines, penalties, and your rights under the law. The Judge will then ask how you wish to plea or give you the opportunity to request a continuance so that you can consult an attorney.

Plea Options:

You may plead NOT GUILTY if you wish to contest the charge against you and have a hearing for traffic offenses. You can plead GUILTY. If you choose this option, you can offer an explanation of circumstances. Your fine or other penalty will then be assessed by the Judge.

If You Fail to Appear on a Traffic Citation:

You will be found Guilty by Default with the full fine amount on your citation due immediately, and your driving privileges may be suspended.